http://australianmums.com.au/forum has launched!!! Australian Mums fills a spot in the online world that has been missing. It discourages arguments and debates in favour of a more supportive nurturing community.
Australian Mums is about connecting and supporting mums via an online network of regional forums.
is a financial member of both the Australian Breastfeeding Association and the Maternity Coalition.
Australian Mums specifically
- values mum-to-mum support
- values skilled and loving parenting (in society)
- values honest, open and respectful communication
- encourages a woman-centred approach to the birth process
- regards pregnancy and childbirth as normal physiological processes, not illnesses
- stresses the social, cultural and psychological factors influencing childbirth
- supports and values midwives
- emphasises women's rights to make informed choices about their caregiver and place of birth
- values the wellbeing and diversity of our people
- believes the normal way to feed and nurture infants is for babies to breastfeed exclusively for 6 months, with continuing breastfeeding for 2 years and beyond. (in accordance with recommendations from the WHO and ABA)
Australian Mums is the hub of a regional forum network. So far the only fully operational region is Hunter Valley Mums which has both a website and a facebook page. Other regional networks are in the process of being created. We have a regional manager running the Sydney facebook page. Sydney will eventually be divided up into several regional forums. Another manager is running a facebook page aimed at Australian Jewish Mums.
We need your help!!!
If you have a few seconds please ‘like’ and ‘suggest’ our facebook pages:
If you have a few minutes please create an account on the Australian Mums forum and add a post or two.
If you have a few hours please consider becoming a regional manager for your region. Hopefully this will eventually turn into something that will make a few dollars for you. Regardless, you will be providing a service to Mums in your region. Contact email@example.com and ‘like’ and ‘suggest’ the facebook page